In the world full of chaos, we find ourselves running here and there mindlessly without a plan or any routine. That’s why we find ways to be more organized and make our work systematic. Routines are essential as they help us in time management and encourage us to achieve our goals in a planned manner without compromising with our health and peace of mind.
Setting up a daily schedule is easy, but tough to follow. Believe me if you follow your routine for 1 week, then it becomes your habit.
Let’s create your daily routine to accomplish your daily work goals and live a stress free life.
How to make an effective daily schedule in 5 steps
1. Exercise or do Yoga daily: Personally, I am a big admirer of doing exercise daily. To keep your body and mind in balance, exercise plays a vital role. Working out early in the morning for 20-30 minutes boosts your energy levels. Even a walk for 5 to 10 minutes early in the morning can do wonders.
2. Write down things to do: Jot down everything you plan to do in a day, which includes both your personal and professional work. Which assignment you have to take up for a day, your meeting with clients, assigning work to your team. Your personal work may include reading a book, washing utensils, cleaning your room, etc.
3. Decide your priorities: You have prepared your to-do list, now focus on your daily priorities. Use highlighter to mark your important tasks for a day. Use blue color for replying to emails, sharing feedback with your team, and highlighting your personal needs in green color like reading a book, taking a walk in nature, watering plants, etc.
4. Be Specific: Though it’s hard to follow everything on time, it is important to assign a specific time to your daily tasks. Make your regime something
6:00 am- Wake up, drink warm water, and brush your teeth.
6:30 am: Do your exercise or Yoga.
7:00 am: Take shower
7:15 am: Eat breakfast
7:30 am: Make your to do list
8:00 am: Start your work according to your schedule
That’s not a fixed schedule. You can create your schedule according to your comfort. Don’t stress yourself out for strictly following the schedule. It’s okay if you want to relax for a day or two and do not follow the schedule.
5. Take out your Me Time: It is essential to take out some time for activities that you love doing. Reading a book, dancing on your favorite beats, playing guitar or talking with your friends can be some of your favorite activities. So, utilize this time and connect with your inner self to relax.
6. Test your Routine: Now, test your new routine for 21 days and analyze what worked and what not. Do you want to make changes in your activity? Tweak anything that is not working and then experiment your new routine after 21 days.
Creating a daily routine and following it seem daunting, but the routine can bring amazing benefits to your life. According to your priorities, create a schedule that can help you achieve your personal and professional goals. Make changes to your routine if it requires, so that you can easily follow them.
Why is a daily schedule important?
A daily schedule enables you to be more productive and organized. It helps you to remain focused towards your long-term and short term goals. There are enormous benefits of a daily routine that can help you reap miraculous benefits in life. Let’s have a look at them below:
- Allocating time to each tasks
- Enhances your productivity
- Reduces procrastination
- Creating healthy habits
Create a daily schedule for your personal and professional life, which can help you use your time effectively.
How should I follow my daily schedule?
You have to consistently follow your daily routine in order to make it a habit and to ensure its long-term benefits. For continuing using your daily schedule, keep these things in mind:
Take time to build a habit: Take pledge to follow your daily schedule for several weeks until it becomes your habit.
Make adjustments to your schedule: You can make changes to your routine if it’s not working like the way you planned.
Other disruptions can make it difficult to follow: Vacations or parties can create a hindrance for you to consistently follow your schedule. But make an active choice to return to your routine after these disruptions.
Allow yourself to follow from the next day: Somehow you’ve missed one or two tasks on Monday, give yourself a chance to follow your schedule religiously from Tuesday.
If you’re determined to follow your routine, then nobody can stop you from achieving your personal and career goals. You can only experience its wonders after giving it a try whole-heartedly. Make necessary changes in your routine to make it easy to follow.
Leave a Reply